After getting her MD from Cornell University Medical College, Dr. Kelly Brogan continued at MIT where she received a MS in Brain and Cognitive Science. Dr. Brogan is board certified in Integrative Holistic Medicine and holds various prestigious board certifications such as ABIHM Board Certified in Psychosomatic Medicine/ Consultation Psychiatry.
A comprehensive list of Kelly’s interests include: Environmental Medicine, Integrity in Food, Mindful Birthing and Mothering, Paleo Mama, Reforming Psychiatry
Questions answered: 350
Experience and Education:
- Cornell University Medical College, NY Doctor of Medicine
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA BS in Brain and Cognitive Science/Systems Neuroscience Board Certified in Integrative Holistic Medicine
- ABIHM Board Certified in Psychosomatic Medicine/ Consultation Psychiatry
- ABPN Board Certified in Psychiatry,
- ABPN NYU School of Medicine, NY Faculty, Clinical Instructor
- Fellowship in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry; NYU School of Medicine, NY Resident in Psychiatry; NYU Reproductive Psychiatry Program
Publications authored by Dr. Kelly Brogan:
- Brogan K. Complements and Alternatives to Psychopharmacology in Pregnancy. Psychopharmacology and Pregnancy – Treatment Efficacy, Risks, and Guidelines. Springer. Pending publication.
- Brogan K. Birthing Bliss, Birthing Trauma, and Postpartum Depression. Pathways to Family Wellness. 2013; 40: 32-33.
- Brogan K. Fire in the mind: The depression-inflammation connection. The Carlat Report: Psychiatry. 2013; November; 11 (11).
- Brogan K. Putting theory into preliminary practice: Neuroinflammatory models of postpartum depression. OA Alternative Medicine 2013 May 01;1(2):12.
- Brogan K. Quantum Leaps in Comprehension: Supporting the Body’s Innate Wisdom. Pathways to Family Wellness. 2013; 38: 54-57.
- Brogan K. Perinatal depression and anxiety: beyond psychopharmacology. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2013 Mar;36(1):183-8
- Brogan K., Lux J. Management of Common Psychiatric Conditions in the HIV+ Population. Current HIV/AIDS Reports. 2009 May; 6(2).
- Brogan K., Bernstein C. Review of Medical Psychiatry: The Quick Reference. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2008 October; 69(10): 1665.
- Brogan K. Pregnant and Mentally Ill: Protecting Mother and Child (Letter to the Editor). Current Psychiatry. April 2008.
- Hurria A., Panageas K., Brogan K., et al. Effect of Creatinine Clearance on Patterns of Toxicity in Breast Cancer Patients Age 65 and Older Receiving Adjuvant Chemotherapy. Drugs and Aging. 2005;22(9):785-91.
- Hurria A., Brogan K., et al. Change in Cycle 1 to Cycle 2 Haematological Counts Predicts Toxicity in Older Patients with Breast Cancer Receiving Adjuvant Chemotherapy. Drugs and Aging. 2005;22(8):709-15.
- Hurria A., Brogan K., et al. Patterns of Toxicity in Older Patients with Breast Cancer Receiving Adjuvant Chemotherapy. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005 Jul;92(2):151-6.
- Altemus M., Brogan K. Women and Anxiety Disorders: Implications for Diagnosis and Treatment. Pregnancy and Postpartum. CNS Spectrums, Symposium Monograph Supplement. 2004 Sep 9 (9): 10-11.
- Brogan K. James. JAMA. 2003 Sep 3;290(9):1221-2.
- Hurria A., Brogan K., et al. Toxicity to Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Breast Cancer Patients Age 65 and Older. International Conference of Geriatric Oncology: Cancer in the Elderly. September, 2001. (Abstract).